Volunteer With Us!
CCR is in the process of reorganizing their Board and Coordinator positions.
We are not accepting new Foster Homes of Volunteers at this time. Please check back with us soon!
CCR is a volunteer based group, we have no paid employees! Do you have any special gifts or talents you would like to share?
We do not have a central facility and all of our dogs are in foster homes or boarding facilities. Occasionally, we need help walking or working with our dogs in boarding facilities. Other areas we often need help with are: transporting dogs to and from appointments or from shelters, adoption events, fundraising events, or becoming involved in the adoption process.
Some volunteer needs can be done from your couch with a phone and computer, while other needs are spread throughout the Denver area (and the whole state of Colorado!).
Please complete our volunteer application and we will contact you shortly to get you active in our organization. Thank you for helping us help the dogs!
Volunteer Program Policy:
1. Potential volunteers must complete the volunteer application and liability waiver.
2. The application will be reviewed and approved by the CCR board. The potential volunteer’s skills and interests will be assessed when delegating assignments.
3. Appropriate training, if needed, will be given to the volunteer by the board or other volunteers.
4. Volunteers under the age of 18 are permitted only with written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
5. Volunteers assume all risks associated with working with CCR and the animals.
6. Volunteer activities may include, but may not be limited to, handling animals, cleaning cages, walking dogs, changing food and water dishes, attending adoption and fundraising events, sending mailers, participating in fundraising/food/supply drives, soliciting donations, working at various rescue locations and foster facilities, transporting animals from one location to another (if of driving age and having a valid license) and other duties and activities as needs arise.
7. The volunteer may decline to participate in any activity that he or she chooses.
8. Volunteers must present themselves in a professional manner when representing CCR.
9. Volunteers may not enter into any agreements for CCR. This activity must be referred to the board.
10. Volunteers are not permitted to take any actions that could be considered inconsistent with CCR’s mission or bylaws.
11. Volunteers accept full responsibility of expenses incurred to them while volunteering with CCR unless otherwise arranged with a CCR board member. For reimbursement, prior arrangements must be made with a CCR board member and appropriate receipts must be submitted.